As a result of the many challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, the MLDC has decided to permanently close its doors. We are grateful for the 18 years of caring for kids during the summer months and exposing them to the benefits of a multi-recreational summer camp experience.
Although we could attempt to open up for this summer, we do not see a path to doing so safely. The well-being of your children and our staff have always been the first priority in building this program. On the other hand, we do expect to run our summer tennis camps at the Marcus Lewis Tennis Center. Tennis and golf will likely be the ideal recreational activities to engage in for many years to come since they require a great deal of space and distance from others.
Again, we thank you all for your many years of support. We also wish the best for any camp operators who attempt to weather the storm. It will not be easy, but hopefully you can find the formula to operating safely and with enough campers to keep your program viable.
-The MLDC –
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THROUGH THIS PRIOR TO REGISTERING!
- Early-bird registration for 2020 begins on October 14 and ends on November 14. Our website will be updated with 2020 dates by October 14.
- If registering prior to November 14 for our early enrollment prices, please remember that the balance must be paid in full. All early registrations may be changed at no charge through April 1.
- After November 14, you may opt to pay a deposit of $200 week. The remainder of the balance will be billed to the credit card on file on June 1st. After June 1st, all registrations must be paid in full.
- Age requirements for camp are based on the camper’s age by September 1st (i.e. Junior Discovery is for campers 4-10. Your child will need to be 4 by September 1st). If your child would like to attend a program but is either slightly too old or too young, depending on various considerations, we may be able to accept him/her. Please contact us if this is the case.
- If you would like to make changes to your current registration that involve decreasing the number of weeks or switching weeks, please contact us as those changes must be made by our administrator . We also recommend that you review the bottom of our “Policies” page by clicking here.
- If you are registering for the last week of camp, please remember that camp closes at 1:00 p.m. on that Friday and there are no afternoon extended day services for that day.
- Our registration system operates on a secure server. Any webpage you visit that has an address beginning with “https” instead of “http” is a secure website on which it is safe to conduct transactions. When you click on the registration button below, you will see the “http” above change to “https.”
- If you need to register by mail, please contact our registrar to have the forms sent to you.
- Per the Massachusetts Department of Health, you may contact us for copies of our background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.